ANS Operations & Power Division
Welcome the American Nuclear Society Operations and Power Division website!
Visit this homepage frequently for industry relevant news and updates.
We envision the OPD will be the recognized leading source of expertise in the application of nuclear plants, their operation, and subsequent utilization in the Nuclear Science & Technology field.
The Operations and Power Division (OPD) is one of 19 Professional Divisions in the American Nuclear Society. Professional Divisions provide members a means to participate in society and support the development of the nuclear industry. OPD is chaired by Thomas Remick.
Membership in ANS Operations and Power Division provides numerous ways to stay involved and informed, including:
- Networking with technical experts in the fields of power generation and industry operations
- Attendance at National ANS meetings every summer and winter
- Utility Working Conference and Vendor Technology Expo every August – tackle pressing issues across the whole industry through utility collaboration and visit with numerous vendors and service companies
- Stay informed on recent news related to OPD and the nuclear industry in general
- Periodic newsletters to keep you up to date on division activities
2019 ANS Annual Meeting
“The Value of Nuclear”
June 9-13, 2019 – Minneapolis, MN
2019 Utility Working Conference and Vendor Technology Expo
“Innovating for a Sustainable Nuclear Future”
August 4-7, 2019 – Amelia Island, FL
2019 ANS Winter Meeting and Nuclear Technology Expo
“Nuclear Technology for the U.S. and the World”
November 17-21, 2019 – Washington, DC