Membership in ANS Operations and Power Division provides numerous ways to stay involved and informed, including:
- Networking with technical experts in the fields of power generation and industry operations
- Attendance at National ANS meetings every summer and winter
- Utility Working Conference and Vendor Technology Expo every August – tackle pressing issues across the whole industry through utility collaboration and visit with numerous vendors and service companies
- Stay informed on recent news related to OPD and the nuclear industry in general
- Periodic newsletters to keep you up to date on division activities
Committees of the ANS Operations and Power Division include:
- New Construction
- Honors and Awards
- Students & Young Members
- Distance Participation
- Nuclear Workforce
- Other Professional Societies
- Public Policy
To get involved with one or more committees within OPD, please contact us.
Donate to Scholarships
Educating and supporting the development of the future workforce is critical to the continued growth of nuclear science and technology. Each year, the American Nuclear Society awards numerous scholarships to college undergraduates and graduate students pursuing nuclear-related degrees. These scholarships are funded through generous donations from individuals and organizations, and provide opportunities for nuclear science and technology students to fulfill their career aspirations.
Please visit the ANS Scholarships Program page to learn more.
The Operations and Power Division participates in a number of meetings annually, including ANS national meetings hosted around the country, as well as the Utility Working Conference each August in Florida. Meetings provide an opportunity for face-to-face networking and professional development through sessions and workshops.
Please visit the Meetings Page to learn more.